Contract- Senior Visual Designer
frog 101 reviews– New York, NY
frog - 30+ days ago
Who we are:
We free you to do the best work of your life.
When people ask what it’s like to work at frog, there is no easy answer. The diversity of people and projects varies tremendously. People here are both thinkers and doers. They come from a multitude of backgrounds and have a multitude of expertise that bridges disciplines and spans industries—including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, finance, and many others. This extraordinary collection of talent—analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical—is what makes working at frog a unique experience. It’s also what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity, we are always able to orchestrate and customize each client engagement to ensure a positive balance between emotional experiences for consumers and economic benefits for clients. So, if you’re asking, “What is it like to work at frog?” our answer is, “What do you want to do?” There are plenty of opportunities to get engaged.
A Visual Designer position creates compelling, original designs for interactive platforms ranging from websites to software applications to consumer electronics. A Visual Designer II is able to translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
Some responsibilities in this role include:
· Participate in product ideation and conceptual development.
· Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
· Design motion graphics and animation effects.
· Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
· Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
· Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for frog. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into frog every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
· At least three years of user interface design experience.
· Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design.
· Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications and consumer electronics.
· Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
· Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Flash or Adobe After Effects.
· Bachelor's degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline.
· A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
Please include a URL with your online portfolio.