Google 1,825 reviews– New York, NY
Beyond.com - 30+ days ago
The mantra of the the User Interface (UI) team is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." As a UI Designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction and visual design. Using your keen design aesthetic you design and conduct experiments with real users so that improvements to the user experience are based on real user behavior. Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our millions of users.
You design and lead the UI construction for complex projects with a broad scope and evolving objectives. You contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation, prototyping and collaboration with with UX team to promote feature integration, as well as working with researchers to design user experiments to test your designs.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
* Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Google products and features.
* Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
* Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
* BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience).
* MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
* 8 years relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
* Expert HTML skills.
* Strong, clean visual design sense.
* Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.