Job Description COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As an interactive design team within a larger architecture firm, the LAB at Rockwell Group seeks to blur the line between the physical and virtual in all of Rockwell Group’s projects. We’re a team of designers, strategists, writers, creative coders, hardware and software engineers who craft immersive experiences through physical and digital design.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer with and understanding of motion graphics to help conceptualize, direct, and execute designs of interactive and experiential projects. In this role, you will be collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of coders, interaction designers, and animators while working intimately with each projects’ Creative Lead. You should be able to work both with an established visual direction or create your own, and should have an interest in new technologies and problem solving. We are seeking someone with a strong creative vision and the production skills to turn that vision into reality.
· Provide creative inspiration, art direction, and graphic concept development on projects
· Design compelling and effective screen-based user interfaces
· Outline creative design direction through mood and story board
· When required, present and explain designs to clients
· Deliver graphic assets and storyboards
· Drive design development that further enhances user experience and delights people along the way
Skills & Experience QUALIFICATIONS
· Knowledge of design, illustration and time-based and interactive media workflows
· 3-5 years designing interactive experiences, web and mobile applications, and motion design
· Expert proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator especially)
· Bachelors and/or advanced Design/Fine Art degree
· A strong understanding of the human/user-centered design process
· Have knowledge of visual design languages and systems, interaction patterns, and design standards
· Interaction design, basic motion graphic, and/or cinematic animation skills are helpful
· Exposure to and knowledge of UI/UX best practices & programming languages (HTML, CSS, JS, Processing)
· Ability to prioritize projects, manage time, and communicate progress and expected milestones
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Cover letter in body of email that explains your interest in the role, key qualifications and anything else you want us to know about you as a candidate for this role
Link to your online portfolio
Company Description With a desire to create immersive environments, Rockwell Group takes a cross-disciplinary approach to its inventive array of projects. Founded in 1984 by David Rockwell, and based in downtown New York with satellite offices in Madrid and Shanghai, the firm specializes in a wide array of project types, from hospitality, cultural and healthcare, to educational, product, and set design. Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative design practices, the firm crafts a unique narrative for each project through the intersection of theater and architecture.
Projects include W Hotels in New York, Paris, Singapore, and Vieques; Nobu restaurants and hotels worldwide; Andaz Wall Street and Andaz Maui at Wailea; Untitled restaurant at the Whitney Museum of American Art; Bar Americain in New York; Maialino at the Gramercy Park Hotel; NeueHouse, a new concept in shared work spaces in New York; Shinola Flagship TriBeca; the Elinor Bunin-Munroe Film Center at Lincoln Center; the Imagination Playground initiative; set design for the 2009 and 2010 annual Academy Awards; projects for Google worldwide; the Marketplace at the JetBlue terminal at John F. Kennedy International Airport; the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore; Tower D and Culture Shed at New York’s Hudson Yards in collaboration with Diller Scofidio + Renfro; and set design for Kinky Boots, Lucky Guy, Hairspray, Legally Blonde, Catch Me if You Can, Harvey, The Normal Heart, and A Free Man of Color; Andaz Wall Street and Andaz Maui at Wailea; “Hall of Fragments,” the entrance installation to the 2008 Venice Architecture Biennale; a fabric collection for Jim Thompson; a collection of wall coverings for Maya Romanoff; and a collection of rugs, wall hangings, and pillows for The Rug Company.