Contract - Interaction Designer II
frog 101 reviews– New York, NY
frog - 30+ days ago
The Interaction Designer conducts product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that bring a smile to the lips and a flutter to the heart; regardless of whether it’s a corporate Website, software application, or consumer electronics device. Interaction Designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
- Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Someone who wants to influence his/her own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- 2-5 years of user interface design experience.
- Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
- In depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Must be able to work both on a team and independently.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.