1. Transdisciplinarity: literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines.
2. Virtual collaboration: ability to work productively, drive engagement, and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team.
3. SenseMaking: ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed.
4. Social intelligence: ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions.
5. Cross-cultural competency: ability to operate in different cultural settings.
6. Cognitive load management: ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, and to understand how to maximize cognitive functioning using a variety of tools and techniques.
7. Novel and adaptive thinking: proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule-based.
8. Computational thinking: ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data-based reasoning.
9. New media literacy: ability to critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms, and to leverage these media for persuasive communication.
10. Design mindset: ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcomes
dan pink - drive
T Shaped people
Creative problem solving
Wicked Problem solving
also interested in designing for those with physical/ mental impairments that cause this group of people to perceive their environment in unique ways - requiring understanding as a designer to create solutions for them to be more successful in.
more about quantified self;